It's almost time to head back to campus!
Like many of our students, everyone at ACE is excited to get back into the classroom!
While ACE is a hub for many students across Sydney, and therefore must take extra precautions to ensure everyone’s wellbeing, we have now started planning a return to our on-campus classes. These are the key details you should know
Classes will resume on campus from Saturday the 27th of June
- This will be the last week of Term 4 for HSC and UCAT students
- We have adjusted the yearly calendar for our Year 11 students by moving their final week of term back , so they can also join us for their end of term review (see graphic below)
- Year 10 Maths students will return to campus for Week 1 of Term 4 on the 11th of July
New timetables for both on-campus and online classes will be released shortly
- Most of the current online classes will be transferred to on-campus classes, split across West Ryde and Parramatta
- On-campus classes will run in the same time slots as before ACE went online (These times will be published with the new campus timetables next week)
- Live class webinars and all online resources will remain available for those students who wish to remain at home, or need to stay home because they are unwell
- A small number of classes will need to remain online due to being too large to bring into a classroom and still meet our social distancing requirements (Students in these classes will be contacted directly)
As always, the wellbeing of our students and their families is paramount at ACE. To ensure we can provide you with the best education in the safest environment possible, we’ll need your help!
You will be required to follow the below guidelines when returning to ACE classes
- Students must attend their regular class, or book into a different class with Admin, so that we can manage student numbers on campus. Students who arrive for a class without booking may not be able to join the class (You are automatically booked into the class you regularly attend)
- If any student, or a member of their household, has symptoms of a cold or flu – please stay home and seek medical advice
- When at ACE, social distancing measures will be clearly outlined for all students, and they must be respected at all times
- All students should practice proper hand hygiene, including the use of hand sanitiser and hand washing. Hand sanitiser will be made available, and we also ask you to bring your own personal bottle
- Where possible, we ask that students download the Australian Government “COVID Safe” app to their phones
We look forward to seeing everyone in class! More details about our return to campuses, including the class timetables and other specifics, will be sent out early next week.
We will also soon be sending out an update for our HSC students regarding our Term 5 Exam Program, starting on the 4th of July (our earlier email incorrectly stated this date as the 11th July). This program is arguably the most important term of any student’s studies at ACE, so please keep an eye out!
Finally, on behalf of the whole team, we would like to pass on a huge thank you to all our ACE students and families for their support and flexibility during this challenging time!
The ACE Team