2021 ACE MEDICINE PROGRAM
MEDICINE APPLICATIONS PROGRAM
As part of the process of gaining entry into medical schools, the written application is an integral part of showcasing a student’s interests and abilities to their target universities.
To help our students prepare for this, each year our dedicated tutors put on our free Medical Applications Seminars, where we explain the application process and guide students as they think about preparing their written responses. In 2021, we are also offering Application Marking, where our experienced team will review a students’ application/s and provide personalised written and verbal feedback, highlighting where we think you’ve showcased your best self and where we think you could add more compelling details.
PART 1: MEDICINE APPLICATIONS SEMINARS
Of all the medical schools in Australia, we will be focusing on the following Universities which require a written component to the application process:
- University of NSW (UNSW)
- University of Western Sydney (WSU)
- James Cook University (QLD)
The seminar will be centred around the following key points:
- Encourage students to think more deeply about their experiences and be able to explain themselves effectively
- Advising students on the approach to completing the application questions, with a specific focus on the ‘UNSW and WSU’ and ‘JCU’ applications
- Help students translate these responses into compelling verbal responses for interviews
We will be holding two free online seminars for the different universities:
- UNSW and WSU Application Seminar
- Saturday 4th September, 6pm – 7:30pm
- Speakers: Rathepan Raguram (4th year UNSW and ACE Tutor) and Azhaan Haq (1st year WSU)
- JCU Application Seminar
- Sunday 5th September, 6pm – 7:30pm
- Speakers: Riya Gaikaiwari (4th year JCU) and Dhnanjay Soundappan (4th year UNSW and ACE Tutor)
PART 2: APPLICATION REVIEW PROGRAM
We know that students often appreciate the chance to have a pair of considerate eyes look over their application before the final submission, and not everyone has this opportunity afforded to them through their family or social networks. This year, we have set up an application marking service to provide this assistance.
Students will be able to submit their applications to experienced tutors who themselves went through the same application processes when they were finishing the HSC. These tutors will then provide feedback on your application and discuss this feedback with you in a one-on-one video call session, providing personalised advice and on how you could improve your written communication and responses to best reflect your achievements and interests.
- Application Submissions Open: 6th September, 10am
- Applications Submissions Close: 11th September, 10am
- Review Sessions: 18th – 20th September
- For UNSW Applications: $40
- For JCU applications: $60
Please note, marking capacity is limited and applications will be accepted on a first-in, first-served basis and we will only be accepting one application per student, per university.
Application submissions will open on 6th September, 10am.
MEDICINE INTERVIEW PROGRAM
Preparing for the Medicine interview process can be challenging and the last thing you want to be worrying about after the HSC. At ACE, we support our students through an immersive Teaching Program and Mock Interviews to maximise your confidence heading into your interviews.
Bookings for our 2021 Medicine interview program are now OPEN! More details can be found HERE.