Welcome to ACE's 2021 Medicine Interview Program
Preparing for Medicine interviews process can be challenging, and with the HSC starting soon, this is the last thing you want to be worrying about. At ACE, we support our students through an immersive Program of Teaching Seminars and Mock Interviews, to maximise your confidence and give you real life experience in the interview process.
How the ACE Medicine Interview Program works
As part of gaining entry into Medical school, you will need to successfully engage in at least one interview. These Interviews vary slightly across all universities however there are 2 main types that you will come across that have been used consistently by different universities throughout the years:
- For universities such as UNSW and James Cook University, you should expect to face a Semi-Structured Interview or “SSI”
- For universities such as WSU, CSU and University of Newcastle, you can expect to participate in a Multiple Mini Interviews, or “MMI”, style of interview
How will ACE help me to prepare for these interviews?
Part 1: THE TEACHING COURSE
Our new teaching course is relevant and important to ALL students, regardless of the university that you are applying to. This component of the course prepares students with an understanding of how Medicine Interviews are conducted and the skills that are required of their responses to commonly asked interview questions. To best assist students for their interviews, our teaching program will encompass the following components:
Introduction to Medicine Interviews
- We encourage students to kick-start their preparation by thinking about what makes them a suitable candidate for Medical school. Students will be provided with a personal reflection booklet including in-depth information on interview preparation and questions for them to attempt and have ready for their upcoming class.
- Students will receive their resources on 6th November. Students who make their booking after this date gain access to their resources promptly after payment.
Navigating MMI and SSI-style Interviews
- Students will attend a teaching session in small groups for guidance on their MMI-style and/or SSI-style Interviews.
- Each MMI-style and SSI-style teaching session will be 4 hours.
- Dates: These will occur from 13th – 17th November, in small group classes
BONUS: Interview Experience Seminars – University Specific
- If you are eager and interested in learning about what each university may put you against in this year’s interviews, these seminars are perfect for you!
- To best prepare you for what awaits, our team will be sharing our thoughts and experiences of our interviews from different Universities.
- WSU – Fri, 19th November, 5pm – 6pm
- UoN/UNE (JMP) – Fri, 19th November, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
- JCU – Fri, 26th November, 5pm – 6pm
- UNSW – Fri, 10th December, 5pm – 6pm
- USYD – Fri, 10th December, 6:30pm – 7:30pm
TEACHING COURSE PRICING:
- MMI Teaching Program ($300)
- SSI Teaching Program ($300)
- MMI + SSI Teaching Program Package ($450)
Part 2. THE MOCK INTERVIEW COURSE
As mentioned above, there are two types of mock interviews and ACE’s Mock Interview Course will prepare you for the different styles. We will simulate the university interview environment for you to practice your interview skills and then provide comprehensive feedback on how to perform best in your University interviews.
Multiple mini-interviews (MMIs)- CSU, WSU and University of Newcastle
Each 3 hour session features 12 interview stations offering a simulation of university interview questions and will be conducted online.
- Dates: 20th, 21st and 27th of November
- We offer 3 sessions per day, with limited spots available per session.
Semi-Structured Interviews (SSIs)- UNSW and JCU
Students are able to select which university style they would like to interview for. Each interview will be 30 minutes long, followed by 15 minutes of feedback.
- JCU – 27th November
- UNSW – 15th and 16th January (2022)
MOCK INTERVIEW PRICING:
- MMI ($200)
- SSI (JCU) ($100)
- SSI (UNSW) ($100)