COVID UPDATE - OCT 15 2020
Dear ACE Friends and Family,
On October 14, we were informed that a student who had recently attended ACE’s Parramatta campus has been diagnosed with a positive case of COVID19. This information was received by ACE from NSW Health and we have worked closely with Health Department Officials since then to assist in their risk assessment and contact tracing processes.
This update was received from the NSW Centre for Population Health at 12:00 15/10/2020 (emphasis added by ACE):
Thank you for your cooperation and assistance with this investigation.
Based on the information you have provided I can confirm that close contact exposure to the COVID case occurred only in the “Standard HSC Chemistry – Saturday Morning” class at Parramatta on Saturday 10 October 2020 from 9.30am to 1.20pm.
We require all students and any staff attending this class to be tested, and to isolate at home as instructed by NSW Health.
All other students and staff attending ACE tutoring are at low risk and can go about their normal activities including tutoring.
In keeping with advice to the general community we would like to emphasise that, irrespective of attendance at ACE Tuition, anyone who develops symptoms of COVID must get tested and isolate at home until they receive their results.
Thanks again and let me know if you have any other questions.
Dr Conrad Moreira
Public Health Physician | Centre for Population Health
We would like to share the below details with all of you so you are fully informed:
- The student who tested positive attended a single Standard HSC Chemistry class at our Parramatta campus on the morning of Saturday the 10th of October
- The source of the case has been confirmed to have originated from outside of ACE and the student themselves showed no symptoms of the illness
- The class only included four other students, all of whom were socially distanced throughout the lesson
- Importantly, these four students, and their ACE teacher, are the only individuals to be considered close contacts and have each been contacted by NSW Health Officials
- Our ACE teacher has received a NEGATIVE covid test result, but will remain in isolation for 14 days as a precautionary measure and receive another test before returning to classes
- Despite some media reports, if you are not one of the 4 students already contacted by NSW Health Officials – you are not considered a close contact
- If you attended any other classes at our Parramatta campus on Saturday Morning, you are considered a casual contact and must follow these guidelines from NSW Health
In regards to ongoing safety precautions at ACE, beyond the social distancing, on campus sanitiser and regular cleaning measures already in place, please note:
- Our Parramatta campus is currently receiving a deep clean and disinfection by a licensed COVID response team. Classes will then proceed as usual on Saturday the 17th Oct.
- As an added precaution, face masks will be mandatory for all students attending classes at ACE until further notice.
- As always, if you or any of your family members exhibit cold or flu like symptoms – please stay home and get tested immediately.
We appreciate and share the concern you have for your children and assure you that we will continue to work closely with NSW Health Officials and provide updates of any further developments.
Online classes are also continuing to run for all ACE subjects as an alternative to our in person lessons. Should you wish to attend an online class, please check the timetable and reach out to the Admin team with your preference.